Assignments need to be filed when there is a change in the ownership of a trademark.
Typically, we need to know the following information in order to prepare an assignment:
- The name of the assignor (the party that currently owns the mark, if we do not already have that information)
- The name of the assignee
- The address and place of formation for each (i.e., what state/country incorporated in)
- Date of the transaction
- Name of an officer and title of a person that will execute the assignment for the assignor
- The state and county where the assignment will be executed
- The name of the notary that will witness the signing, if you know.
We will prepare the assignment and provide you with our detailed confirmation instructions setting forth the anticipated fees and costs to file the assignment.