Prosecution And Defense In Corporate Litigation
Our firm conducts litigation of trademark, copyright, commercial and employment issues throughout the United States. These matters include representation of:
- Pursuing trademark infringers
- Defending against allegations of trademark infringement
- Pursuing copyright infringers
- Defending against allegations of copyright infringement
- Bringing actions for breaches of commercial contracts, including distribution agreements and software programming services
- Defending employees against claims for breach of noncompete agreements
Cease And Desist Letters
In the field of trademarks and copyrights, litigation most often begins with a “cease-and-desist” letter demanding that the alleged infringer immediately stop engaging in the allegedly infringing conduct and provide an accounting of profits. The cease-and-desist notice often provides the opportunity to settle the dispute through negotiation prior to litigation. A party that doesn’t respond to a cease-and-desist letter runs the risk of being sued, at which point negotiated settlements and defense become far more expensive.
If you have received a cease-and-desist letter, or wish to send one, or if you have been sued or want to sue someone for breach of contract or trademark or copyright infringement, please feel free to email us with any questions or to set up a phone consultation at 877-833-2586. Our initial consultation with you is always free of charge.